Introduction to palliative care
An online training program developed to help careworkers who provide palliative care to aged persons in the community.
Seven modules are offered:
- A palliative approach to care
- Advance care planning
- Recognising and responding to needs
- End-of-Life care
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Caring for yourself
Time to Complete
Careworkers who provide palliative care to aged persons in the community.
Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA)
When you have completed this learning guide, you will be able to:
- Describe the palliative approach to care and outline important principles
- Identify the principles of effective communication in palliative care
- Describe advance care planning and its importance in providing care
- Summarise common care needs for people with life-limiting illness and how you can support the responses to these needs
- Describe important aspects of caring for someone at the end of their life
- Identify ways to support people who are experiencing grief and loss
- Outline important aspects of self-care.
Country of Origin
Page created 16 December 2020