Western Australia

Use these links to find practical support or services in Western Australia (WA), or to put you in touch with support groups.

Palliative Care Organisations Palliative Care WA.  Phone: 1300 551 704
Palliative Care Australia. Phone: (02) 6232 0700
Carers Support and respite Australian Red Cross. Freecall: 1800 441 014

Carers WA.  Phone: 1300 227 377

Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre
Phone: 1800 052 222

Healthdirect lists resources for those caring for others as well as information on respite care and residential care

Myagedcare website has some helpful information for carers. Freecall: 1800 200 422

For young carers: Young Carers Australia - Western Australia

Respite Care
Carer Gateway provides an easy way to find respite service providers in your area.

Commonwealth Home support Programme. There is also a National Carer Counselling Program on Freecall: 1800 242 636.

Myagedcare provides an overview of respite care and eligibility and assessment
Freecall: 1800 200 422
Health Services Aged Care Assessments
The first step to access government-funded care services is to speak with My Aged Care services about arranging for an assessment by calling 1800 200 422. If you have been assessed and are ready to find a suitable local service provider visit Find a provider on the My Aged Care pages.

Carers Australia: Information sheets on dealing with hospitals

Health Direct Australia. Phone: 1800 022 222

GP helpline. For after-hours medical advice when you cannot access your usual GP, call the GP helpline on 1800 022 222 for assistance.

Health services for Goldfields, Great Southern, Kimberley Midwest, Pilbara , South West and Wheatbelt are available from WA Country Health Services.

The Health and Disability Services Complaints Office’s (HaDSCO) Freecall: 1800 813 583

Commonwealth Home Support Programme

WA Health Services Directory

National Health Service Directory
Information and advice Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre. Phone: 1800 052 222

Infoxchange Service Seeker

Kids Help Line. Freecall: 1800 551 800

Legal Aid - WA

Lifeline. Phone: 13 11 14 

Mensline Australia. Phone: 1300 789 978

Advance Care Planning Australia: Information on advance care planning

Public Trustee of WA
Equipment and supplies Independent Living Centre WA
National Palliative Care Equipment Program provides equipment loans to families. For more information about the program and how to access equipment, contact Palliative Care WA Inc. Phone: 1300 551 704
Transport and Travel Accessible public transport in WA

Angel Flight Australia Coordinates non emergency flights for financially and medically needy people. Freecall: 1300 726 567

Australian Transport for the Disabled. Car hire with disabled access and self drive vehicles

Australian Disability Parking Scheme

Buses, Trains and Public Transport information from WA Government

Department of Transport Taxi subsidy scheme. Phone: 1300 660 147

National Public Toilet Map

Patient Assisted Travel Scheme (PATS) (WA)

Patient Transfer Service

Transperth Free travel is available to people with disabilities that currently hold a carer concession card
Financial Assistance Australian Red Cross. Freecall: 1800 810 710 
Email: wainfo@redcross.org.au

Carers' support and other payments
Disability support pension
Health care card

Department of Veterans’ Affairs provides access to a range of services for veterans and war widow/widowers

Disability Services Commission
Help within your home The Commonwealth Government funds a range of services for older Australians. You can find details at the myagedcare website.

The Australian Government Commonwealth Home Support Programme
If you want to stay in your own home, but need some help with daily tasks, or require entry level care, the Commonwealth Home Support Programme may be able to help.

Home modification: Better Health Channel provides a checklist for use when considering home modifications

Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels (WA)
Complaints Process The Complaint Line website provides guidance on how to make a complaint about health practitioners, with the details for each state, for AHPRA and provides links to other health professional associations.

The Australian Government Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission site gives consumers guidance on how to lodge a complaint or raise a concern. This website links to the official online complaint lodgement form which allows the complainant to choose the level of privacy of the complaint.

Last updated 02 September 2019