As part of our current work program we are now reviewing the role of the RAC Hub in CareSearch and identifying content that could be more sensibly held in palliAGED. We have been working with the palliAGED Advisory Group and the CareSearch Advisory Group to finalise a plan.
Key considerations when devising the strategy included:
- Any content duplication between RAC Hub and palliAGED in their current form
- Current use of the RAC Hub content including site traffic, and referrals by external organisations/websites
- Suitability of palliAGED and RAC Hub content for different members of the aged care workforce
- Suitability of content across both sites for people who interact with the aged care sector on an ad hoc basis
- Update the Australian Context pages and add new pages to cover the Facility issues found in the RAC Hub
- Develop a set of palliAGED Practice Tip Sheets that cover the Care Issues and Communication topics found in the RAC Hub.
Dr Stephen Richards has drafted new content and pages for the Australian Context section to provide an overview of Australia’s aged care system. These are currently being reviewed.
Dr Katrina Erny-Albrecht and Ms Susan Gravier have developed a set of palliAGED Practice Tips sheets for careworkers and nurses in the aged care sector. This involved updating the evidence-based RAC Hub content and hosting two review groups with representatives from aged care. The sheets were released in March 2019 and feedback indicates that the sheets are relevant to the sector and easy to use.
With this release, a set of pages in the RACH Hub were closed and users redirected to palliAGED. Similarly, we will be directing people to the Australian Context pages in palliAGED for information on the aged care system once the new pages are released.
Next Steps and New Content
- RAC Hub content on workforce and education will be transferred to the palliAGED Education and Training section. This will complement the CareSearch Education section by focusing on opportunities for the aged care sector including and related to palliative care.
- A new section will be created within CareSearch; Ageing and Aged Care. This section will provide information about ageing and aged care for people not routinely engaged with the sector but sometimes needing to interact with it or needing to better understand changes as we age.
Steps 3 and 4 are due to start in March 2019 and we will provide updates through the @caresearch and palliAGED newsletters.
palliAGED Practice Tip Sheets