The Palliative care workforce development framework provides resources to support the development of capacity in the palliative care workforce within organisations. Health service planners and policymakers can:
- Use the Framework to articulate the expected capabilities of graduates with respect to palliative care
- Provide guidance for administrators and policy makers with respect to curriculum design and required resources for achieving desired graduate outcomes
- Use the palliative care workforce development model to define workforce capabilities in different practice settings and regions, according to population needs
- Allocate resources to support preparation of the health workforce to match required service capabilities
- Develop service models that support the core values underpinning palliative care, inherent in this Framework.
It is anticipated that the following elements will be included to support organisational capacity building:
- Key underpinning frameworks, policy, standards and quality assurance tools
- Assessing learning needs of an organisation – interactive tool
- Resources to support organisational capacity building
- Key programs.
Information and resources to support the development of palliative care capacity within organisations is under development. It is anticipated they will be released in the second half of 2016.
For further information and to provide feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 26 April 2016