Delivery of End-of-life care in the acute setting
The education modules are designed to assist clinical staff working in acute hospitals in delivering end-of-life care. They provide clinically relevant and evidence based learning materials with quizzes, evidence based links and educational videos.
The following 10 modules are now available:
- Module 1: Dying, a normal part of life
- Module 2: Patient-centred communication and shared decision-making
- Module 3: Recognising the end of life
- Module 4: Planning end-of-life care - goals of care
- Module 5: Teams and continuity for the patient
- Module 6: Responding to concerns
- Module 7: Emergency department end-of-life care
- Module 8: Paediatric end-of-life care
- Module 9: Chronic complex illness end-of-life care
- Module 10: Imminent death - how to respond.
End-of-life Essentials, Flinders University
Interactive, peer reviewed and evidence-based education for doctors, nurses and allied health professionals who work in acute hospitals. Clinicians are encouraged to examine their own practice and build on their individual expertise across a wide range of issues which are fundamental to quality and safe end-of-life care in hospitals.
Doctors, nurses and allied health professionals will find specific resources and learning opportunities within each module for their own professional perspective.
Country of Origin
Page last updated 07 December 2018