These Australian resources are referred to in the RAC pages. They are organised into a the following areas:
Government websites and policies
- Department of Health website has relevant and resources and tools that are focused on both Palliative care and Residential Aged Care. Some are listed below but many others can be found using the search function on the front page of the website.
- The Department of Social Services has released the Guide to Aged Care Law. In consultation with aged care stakeholders, the Guide to Aged Care Law has been developed as an online resource. It is designed to be an easy to use, plain-English text to assist approved providers in understanding their responsibilities and obligations under the Aged Care Act 1997.
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) which coordinates national improvements in safety and quality in health care across Australia
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission provides information on promoting quality, innovation and improvement of service in aged care. This organisation also offers short courses and workshops for further professional development
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Australia (DVA)
- Training.gov.au is the official national register of information on registered training organisations (RTOs), qualifications, courses, units of competency and training packages in Australia.
- If interested in working within the residential aged care industry and would like some information on required qualifications, then you could use some of the following terms in the ‘Nationally Recognised Training’ quick search box on training.gov.au website:
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care (CHC 30212)
- Certificate 4 in Aged Care (CHC40108)
- Community Service
- Disability Support Worker
- Leisure and Lifestyle.
- Refer to the ACETI website for information on incentive payments whilst studying eligible courses.
State government resources
National palliative care program
Australian professional organisations
Australian support organisations
Australian online education programs and learning institutions
- Australian Indigenous Health Infonet has information on health topics including dementia and elder care access to resources, research and journals
- CareSearch has a list of appraised online and web-based learning modules relevant to palliative care in residential aged care setting
- Dementia Training Australia has information regarding resources which includes online pages and downloadable learning materials
- Lowitja institute is the National Institute for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research and provides pages on current research projects and resources for education, research and training
- MND Aware is an online training program providing 26 modules developed for health workers provding care to people with MND. Modules 10-19 cover symptom mangement and are particularly relevant to nurses working in RAC.
- Wound Innovations offers online education in wound care and prevention. Fees apply.
Australian academic journals
Last updated 17 January 2019