Cross-cultural care for residents in Aged Care
This program aims to support staff in residential aged care to provide high-quality cross-cultural care for residents, and is based on five modules:
- Module 1: An introduction to cross-cultural care for new staff
- Module 2: Cross-cultural communication
- Module 3: Cross-cultural leadership
- Module 4: Cross-cultural dementia care
- Module 5: Cross-cultural end of life care.
A cross-cultural care tool kit is also incorporated into the learning modules to facilitate changes in practice. The tool kit includes:
- Cross-cultural Care - Staff Self-reflection Tool
- Cross-cultural Care - Leaders Self-reflection Tool
- Cross-cultural Care Service Audit Tool
- Multicultural Workforce Management Audit Tool
- Organisational Support for Cross-cultural Care Services Audit Tool.
Residential aged care staff
Australian Government Department of Health, Flinders University, Resthaven, Anglicare SA
A self-directed learning online tool to enhance cross-cultural quality of care and interactions with residents and co-workers. Although there are in-built multiple choice questions, these are not test questions and answers do not have to be submitted.
Country of Origin
Page last updated 22 November 2018