These videos have been developed by the CareSearch project. They also feature on the CareSearch YouTube channel. To acces them click on the title of the video.
For Patients, Carers and Families
- About palliative care: Palliative care helps those with an illness that cannot be cured by managing symptoms as well as providing emotional and spiritual support.
- Living with a terminal illness: There are many things to consider whether it be financial, emotional or practical matters.
- How to care: When someone is very ill at home, they need help and support to manage.
- Groups with specific needs: Death is a reality of life, but the circumstances can vary greatly as different groups have different needs.
- Finding out More: People vary in their knowledge and understanding in regard to death and dying. Being informed can help make the right decisions.
- At the end: Many people have little or no prior experience of dying and death. As much as possible, people like to have choice at the end of life.
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss: Even when it is expected, death can be a shock. Grief and loss can be felt in many ways.
CareSearch Videos in languages other than english
Last updated 14 January 2016