The Decision Assist Project is part of a strategic approach to strengthening the interface, and building better health connections, between the health and aged care systems. The project is funded by the Australian Government. The objectives of the project are:
- the empowerment of GPs and aged care providers with knowledge of palliative care and advance care planning relevant to their situation;
- the creation of links between aged care and palliative care; and
- the provision of advice about palliative care, advance care planning and advance care directives resources, processes, legislation and accountabilities in the state or territory in which the the aged care provider or GP is located.
Members of the consortium undertaking the 2013-2017 project are:
- Austin Health/Advance Care Planning Australia - Lead Agency
- Flinders University/CareSearch
- Palliative Care Australia
- University of Queensland/Blue Care Research and Practice Development Centre
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine
- Leading Age Services Australia
- Aged and Community Services Australia
- Queensland University of Technology
You can find out more by visiting the Decision Assist Website.
Last updated 5 November 2017