PC-Superannuation and Insurances-ARCHIVE

If you are seriously ill you may need to think about your finances. Employment and retirement packages can be hard to understand. You may still be working. The Human Resources staff at work can provide information about work entitlements. If you are still employed, financial advice can help you to make important decisions:

  • Banks have financial advisors that may be able to offer advice
  • Personal accountants can be an important source of advice
  • Many Centrelink offices can help. They have financial information services, and offer a confidential interview
  • Some policies allow a claim to be made if you are seriously ill. Sometimes a medical assessment is required. A doctor or social worker can help with filling in these forms.

Last updated 16 May 2017