This section will keep you up to date with project news and changes in the website as they occur during 2013. You can also check out What's New in the Community
or sign up for Twitter alerts
Caring for people with dementia
A set of resources to assist health professionals to care for dementia patients was launched on 20 May 2013 as part of National Palliative Care Week.The resources, released as part of National Palliative Care Week, include:
International Nurses Day 2013 Fact Sheet: Dementia Resources
- A dementia search filter: a tested and validated tool that improves clinician efficiency by providing a one-touch, quick and effective search of evidence-based dementia literature.
- Clinical Evidence pages on dementia: a group of pages that summarise the state of the evidence in dementia, advising the key issues, limitations and contexts for practice; providing links to sources of clinical guidance and ways to find out more.
- Residential Aged Care (RAC) Hub dementia pages: When dementia progresses, the care needs of a person with dementia change. This resource provides clear, easy-to-understand information on a special page for residents and families, and one for care workers too.
Dementia is used to describe symptoms of a large group of illnesses that contribute to a decline in intellectual functioning. CareSearch aims to provide nurses with evidence to support them in practice, and has produced a fact sheet for International Nurses Day on information and resources available on dementia, a disadvantaged population in palliative care.
@CareSearch May 2013
The May edition of @CareSearch is now available.
Indicators of care
This page looks at how palliative care provision in residential aged care is currently being assessed, and how to identify areas for improvement, or to evaluate changes to service delivery in their facilities.
@CareSearch April 2013
The April edition of @CareSearch is now available.
Content Review Continues
CareSearch is undertaking a review of the website sections to ensure currency of the content. This work will continue through 2013 and 2014. The revised Finding Services section has been released. The Support Groups information has been updated as well.
Nurses Hub News March 2013
The March edition of the Nurses Hub News is now available. Find out about:
- Case Study: Care in the Community
- Clinical Uses: Support at Home
- EBP: The Research protocol
- Nurses Spotlight: Patrick Cox
Getting started in palliative care research
These pages are designed to help those who are new to research understand the steps and processes that are involved in planning and conducting research projects.
@CareSearch March 2013
The March edition of @CareSearch is now available.
Allied Health Hub
A Working Group has been set up to develop a new CareSearch Hub for Allied Health. You can have a sneak peek or you can read the Allied Health Project News.
Nurses Hub News February 2013
The February edition of the Nurses Hub News is now available.
Rural Palliative Care Project
Information and resources from the Rural Palliative Care Program managed by the AGPN between 2003 and 2011 is now available on CareSearch.
@CareSearch February 2013
The February edition of @CareSearch is now available.
RAC Hub news
The Summer 2013 edition of the RAC hub news is now available. The RAC[HUB]news helps you stay in touch with what’s happening in residential aged care and in palliative care. It will also keep you up to date with any changes in the Hub.
January Nurses Hub News
This edition focuses on knowledge hubs and includes items on:
Last updated on 23 May 2013