This section will keep you up to date with project news and changes in the website as they occur during 2015. You can also check out What's New in the Community
or sign up for Twitter alerts.
@CareSearch - February 2016 (269kb pdf)
The February 2016 edition of the @CareSearch newsletter is now available.
Posted 01 February 2016
ALLIEDhealth[HUB]news - January 2016 (496kb pdf)
The January 2016 edition of the Allied Health newsletter is now available.
Posted 14 January 2016
This blog has been established to provide Australian health professionals with a place where they can read posts from their peers across the health professions, particularly those with expertise and an interest in palliative care.
The first series of blogs have been written by health professsionals and focus on palliative care and GPs:
Last updated 01 February 2016
- The End-of-Life Clinical Audit - a GP’s experience
A guest blog post from Dr David Healey, B Med, MPallC, FRACGP
- Fitting the pieces together: Completing the big picture puzzle of a coherent end-of-life care system for all
A guest post from Dr Chris Moy, General Practitioner, Parkside, SA
- Assessing and managing patients’ pain in palliative care
A guest blog post from Dr Greg Parker, MBBCh FRACGP FAChPM
- ’In my own bed’: Managing dying patients at home
A guest blog post from Dr Christine Sanderson, Staff Specialist, Neringah Community Palliative Care Service, NSW
- Caring for our own – the rewards and challenges of rural palliative care
A guest blog post from Dr Liz Hawkins, Senior Medical Officer, Atherton QLD
- Living longer, dying better
A guest blog post from Prof Liz Reymond MBBS [Hons], FRACGP, FAChPM, PhD
- Five quick tips for prescribing medicines in the last days of life
A guest blog post from Lead Palliative Care Pharmacist Paul Tait