In 2014 the paediatric palliative care specialist services based in all Australian states came together to form a national education collaborative. The intent of the Quality of Care Collaborative Australia (QuoCCA) project is to deliver education in paediatric palliative care to health professionals in urban, rural, regional and remote areas who may care for children and young people with palliative and end-of-life care needs. The QuoCCA project education activities have been made possible through funding provided by the Department of Health, Australia through the National Palliative Care Projects initiative.
The Quality of Care Collaborative Australia includes the following tertiary children's hospitals:
- Lady Cilento Children's Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland
- John Hunter Children’s Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales
- Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales
- Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
- Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Perth, Western Australia