Core information about dementia and the care of people with dementia
The modules form a self-directed education program.
The content can also be used in the workplace by a suitably recognised ‘in house’ educator to deliver a one-day workshop for staff.
Module Suite (all pdf downloads):
- Module 1 – Overview of dementia
- Module 2 – Risk factors and risk reduction
- Module 3 – Diagnosing Dementia
- Module 4 – Treatment and intervention options
- Module 5 – Social and lifestyle considerations
- Module 6 – Philosophy of care
- Module 7 – Therapeutic communication and relationships
- Module 8 – Creating dementia friendly environments
- Module 9 – Younger onset dementia
- Module 10 – Carer Health.
Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Respite Care, Undergraduates and health professionals
Multiple contributors (list provided)
A useful and current set of expert-based resources. Well referenced and presented.
No (with some exceptions)
No but Continuing Education Equivalence indicated
Country of Origin
Page last updated 22 November 2018