This is a guide to the information and resources on CareSearch that relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
What is Palliative Care?
In this section there is information under the heading of 'Supporting Palliative care in Australia'.
Patients, Carers and Families
In this section for consumers, information is available under the ‘Specific Groups’ heading.
The Nurses Hub
- The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander page gives information on family, Aboriginal Health Workers, traditional medicine and a brochure that has been developed specifically for Indigenous Australians about Palliative care.
Within the ‘Areas of Practice’ section there is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Within the ‘Recognising Residents Needs’ section there is a page on Indigenous Australian persons and RAC.
Within this section there are Indigenous Australian
Web Based Learning Modules.
Finding and Using Evidence
In this section there is evidence that may be useful.
Examples of Free Full text Articles
Page created 16 February 2016
- Shahid S, Bessarab D, van Schaik KD, Aoun SM, Thompson SC. Improving palliative care outcomes for Aboriginal Australians: service providers' perspectives. BMC Palliat Care. 2013 Jul 23;12(1):26. doi: 10.1186/1472-684X-12-26.
- O'Brien AP, Bloomer MJ, McGrath P, Clark K, Martin T, Lock M, et al. Considering Aboriginal palliative care models: the challenges for mainstream services. Rural Remote Health. 2013 Apr-Jun;13(2):2339. Epub 2013 May 8.
- McGrath P. Family care giving for Aboriginal peoples during end-of-life: Findings from the Northern Territory. J Rural Trop Publ Health. 2008;7:1-10.
- McGrath P, Holewa H. Seven Principles for Indigenous Palliative Care Service Delivery: Research Findings from Australia. Austral - Asian Journal of Cancer. 2006 Jul;5(3):179-86.