Advisory Telephone Service
The advisory telephone service – 1300 668 908
- is available for use by health professionals working with recipients of aged care services, either in a residential care facility or within the community. This includes GPs, nurses, allied health professionals and personal care attendants.
Details of the policies regarding terms and conditions, information collection and for privacy are available here:
Advance care planning enquiries
Callers to the advisory telephone service may request any information regarding advance care planning. This includes:
- process and legislation specific to their state or territory
- advice about specific client / resident scenarios
- how to facilitate case conferencing or family meetings to discuss advance care planning
- information about training
- links to evidence based websites and resources
- any other queries related to advance care planning, advance care directives and surrogate decision makers
The contact phone number for the service is 1300 668 908 and specialist advance care planning staff are available to take calls from 9am until 5 pm Monday to Friday (AEST).
For your convenience you have the option of submitting an email enquiry about any of the points above. Please complete the online form and we will reply to your email within 2 business days.
If you would like advice regarding an advance care plan in relation to a specific client, please call the National advisory line on 1300 668 908 and speak with an experienced advance care planning specialist to discuss the case in detail and receive immediate information and guidance.
Decision Assist can provide general information regarding advance care planning legislation in your state or territory, but does not provide legal advice.
Palliative care queries
The phone advisory service also handles inquiries on the palliative approach, ranging from medication, symptom management, psychosocial support and bereavement advice to information about education. It aims to support GPs and aged care staff seeking information and advice about palliative care.
Phone 1300 668 908
for 24 / 7 specialist palliative care advice.
Page updated 16 August 2016