You may look for information about your health on the internet. This could be to: find out more information; find alternatives; get a second opinion; find support or to resolve conflicting information. You may also use the internet to look for information for other people.
Looking for online health information can be helpful or unhelpful. Online searching may make you feel:
- Reassured that you can make decisions
- Relieved or comforted by the information
- Confident to raise new questions or issues with your doctor
- Eager to share what you find
- Overwhelmed by the information
- Frightened by what you find
- Frustrated by lack of information
- Frustrated that you can't find what you are looking for.
Last updated 22 April 2016